The University Center for Informatics of the University of Geneva has just joined ERCIM as the Swiss member institution.
The Centre Universitaire d’Informatique (CUI) is an interdisciplinary center devoted to computer science teaching and research. Its members belong to three of the eight faculties of the University of Geneva: the Faculty of Sciences, the Faculty of Humanities and the Faculty of Economic and Social Sciences. At the end of 2012, the CUI community counted 118 collaborators, including 20 at the professor level.
The CUI has nine research centers:
- CLCL - Computational Learning and Computational Linguistics
- CVML - Computer Vision and Multimedia Laboratory
- GAIL - Geneva Artificial Intelligence Laboratory
- ICLE - Institute of Knowledge Integration and Access to Knowledge Repositories
- ISS - Institute of Services Science
- LATL - Laboratory for the Analysis and Technology of Language
- SMV - Software Modeling and Verification
- SPC - Scientific and Parallel Computing and
- TCS - Theoretical Computer Science.
The CUI, one of the oldest computer research institutions in the world, has strong international ties with substantial financial support both from within Switzerland itself and from the EU.
Jose Rolim, University of Geneva,