The ERCIM Ethics Working Group organises a workshop in Paris on 17 and 18 October 2022, targeted at researchers and Research Ethics Boards (REBs). The event will consist of keynotes, presentations, tutorials and interactive sessions, and will provide ample time for open discussions.
Researchers in digital sciences face tough ethical questions in their daily activity for which there are not yet consensual answers among the research community. The forum “Beyond Compliance” aims at advancing the discussion about those issues. The outcomes of the workshop will provide input for policy makers.
Day 1: Monday, 17 October 2022
- 09:00-09:15: Welcome
- 09:15-10:00: General overview, from Belmont to Menlo to what now?
- 10:15-12:15: Session 1: Strengthening research ethics review and oversight
- 14:00-16:00: Session 2: Research ethics in a cross-disciplinary and cross-cultural setting
- 16:15-18:15: Session 3 Research ethics in the era of big data and AI.
Day 2: Tuesday, 18 October 2022
- 08:30-10:30: Session 4: Tutorial
- 10:45-12:45: Session 5: Raising awareness, fostering responsible research and identifying best practices
- 14:30-16:30: Session 6: New horizons, new challenges
- 16:30-17:00: Closing remarks.