- Category: Special Theme
by Constantine Stephanidis and Eija Kaasinen
Augmented Reality (AR) is a real-time direct or indirect view of a physical real-world environment that is enhanced or augmented by adding virtual computer-generated information to it. Accordingly, an AR system: (i) combines real and virtual objects in a real environment, (ii) aligns real and virtual objects with each other so that as the view to a real object changes, the augmented object connected to it changes accordingly, and (iii) runs interactively, in three dimensions, and in real time. AR technologies enhance human perception and help seeing, hearing, and feeling the surrounding environment in new and enriched ways. This is achieved by making people sense virtual objects, which appear to coexist in the real world. AR can also be used to hide visual elements of the real world to allow people to focus on specific aspects (Diminished Reality).
- Category: Special Theme
by Leif Arne Rønningen
Figure 1: The Cliff Performing Arts Centre at a molo in the Trondheim harbour.
Size ca 300 x 200 x 100 meters.
The Cliff is a revolutionary concept for an arts centre on the fjord. It will create a new and exciting multi venue scene for audio and visual experience. The realization of The Cliff requires extremely low-delay networks between different venues, multi-view collaboration surfaces, and both internal and external multi-view video arts scenography.
- Virtual Reconstruction of Cultural Heritage Artifacts
- An Augmented Reality Application for Art Exhibitions
- Turning an Ordinary Rotating Metal Disk into a Unique Interactive Exhibit
- LecceAR: An Augmented Reality App for Cultural Heritage
- Auto AR – In Situ Visualization for Building Information Modelling
- Mobile Augmented Reality for Building Maintenance
- Augmented Reality Based Knowledge Sharing Solutions for Field Service Personnel
- Augmented Reality Supported Learning
- Augmenting Printed Documents
- Augmenting the Rubber Hand Illusion
- An Introduction to AR Browsers
- ECSS 2015: Informatics in the Future – in the Year 2025
- Zuzana Kúkelová Receives the 2015 Cor Baayen Award
- BlueBRIDGE - New Data Services for an Ecosystem Approach to Fisheries
- The D-CENT Project: Decentralized Social Software for Political Autonomy
- A Structured Approach to Defence Simulation Training
- Reducing the IoT - PbD Dilemma by Enriching Authorization with Reputation Mechanisms
- Verifying Systems-of-Systems with Statistical Model Checking
- A Bottom-up Strategy for Clustering Complex Datasets with Application to Language and Script Discrimination
- REVERIE – Real and Virtual Come Together in a Virtual Reality
- A Knowledge Based Solution for Intelligent Verification and Validation of Interlocking Railway Systems
- Xavier Leroy, Royal Society Milner Award 2016
- Lex Schrijver Receives EURO Gold Medal 2015
- New Journal: Econometrics and Statistics